Monday, February 18, 2008

Sunday morning, while Matt and I were lounging around leisurely in bed about 10am (as most Sundays begin), I rolled over to climb out on his side, and *crash*.. we were on the floor.

Upon getting out of bed and removing the mattress and box springs, it was found that the lateral support screws had fallen straight through the frame, snapping and splintering the beam itself. It was amusing (and I forgot to take a picture, bummer)

Now, while I have received numerous lewd comments as to why our bed frame broke, I assure you that it was nothing more than the fact that our suite is about 10 years old and has been moved several times. Even still, it made for an interesting unexpected house project as we tried to figure out how to fix the thing. We drilled new holes for the screws and also glued the new beam to the frame.. tonight will be the first test drive. I'm scared.

For dinner tonight, I made an insanely easy recipe for chicken tenders. Dip trimmed tenderloins into fat free Italian salad dressing, then into seasoned Italian bread crumbs (I also add some extra salt and pepper, and you can dash some Creole seasoning into it as well for an extra bite). Bake on a greased cookie sheet at 375 for about 25-30 minutes or until crispy. We served it with pinto beans and biscuits with a little bit of honey. Totally simple.

0 comments. Leave a comment.:

Post a Comment