Monday, August 03, 2009

American Idol Tour - Charlotte, NC - Part 1

Matt and I drove to Charlotte this weekend to see the American Idol tour. I'm a gigantic fan of the show and religiously watch it every season. I've never had the desire to go to the tour until this year because there are so many contestants I loved.

Our wedding this week was on Friday, meaning we were free and clear to attend the Saturday night concert. Talk about lucking out!

All of our "dates" begin with a hideous driveway self portrait:


Our hotel (taken with point 'n shoot) right next to the arena. The second photo is what happened when Matt said "strike a pose" while testing light inside of our room.


Hehe


The hotel was perfect. We upgraded to a large corner room, we were a 3 minute walk from the arena, and it was pet friendly, so Dex could come along!


Matt is better in front of the camera than I am, so he gets extra shots


These next three are from the point 'n shoot. An outdoor mall we walked to for dinner before the concert.




Rules regarding photography in the arena were pretty lax, so we were able to walk right in with a 5DMkII armed with an 85mm f/1.2 with no questions (the longest zoom I was willing to risk. I figured a 70-200 would have been a bit too conspicuous). I also packed the point 'n shoot for obligatory self portraits. We had GREAT seats!


Also a point 'n shoot shot.. wide view from our seats.


MkII shots from here on out unless noted. Watching these lighting operators climb into their chairs freak me out.


The Top 10 performed in reverse order, starting with Michael Sarver.








Next up was Megan Joy. She sounded much better live than she did while on the show. I'm also a little in love with her pink shoes.




Next two from the point 'n shoot:


Then it was Scott Macintyre's turn. For those who didn't watch the show, Scott is almost completely blind and recently underwent a kidney transplant. I don't prefer his voice, but he's a master on the piano and was one of the most likeable contestants of Season 8.




Lil Rounds was next. She looked gorgeous and also sounded much better live.




Hands and arms sometimes obscured the shots, but I think that they make them look kinda artsy!






Next was...


Love this guy!






Many many MANY more photos to come! Stay tuned tomorrow night!

1 comments. Leave a comment.:

Carrie Murphy said...

Yay, I love this pics! Can't wait for the next batch!

Post a Comment