Sunday, July 05, 2009

Anniversary 2009

I have a dream of one day being completely caught up on all photo work, album designs, and both blogs. Unfortunately, that is all a pipe dream. What I CAN do is make good use of a fabulous long(ish) weekend to get a little ahead.

Matt and I celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary on May 28th of this year. Wanting to keep things low key, we decided to lock ourselves in the house with pajamas, good food, and good TV and have an old-fashioned slumber party. Just one of many perks of being married to your best friend.

I was in charge of the evening's uniform, and these retro video game pajamas were just too awesome to pass up.





Matt provided a centerpiece using my favorite flower:



Matt was in charge of food, and found this adorable pan for making a giant cupcake:



Since we were trying to be as lazy as possible, the cupcake was made using box mixes and, of course...









Assembled!



Rawr



Dinner was strawberry waffles and omelets. Yum yum!







Me looking shamefaced over using Bisquik for the waffles (nah, not really.. that's probably what we'd use anyway)



Matt thinks he is hilarious for giving me "kisses" for our anniversary:



After a night of movies and TV (I was in charge of entertainment) the real reason for the kisses was learned.. Matt wanted to try his hand as making a chocolate martini.



I thought it was pretty gross and only got through one sip (he made it perfectly, it's just not my taste!) I prefer apple martinis any day.

.. and a last parting shot. While we were cooking, Peanut gave Dexter several warning yowls when he was getting a little too close!

0 comments. Leave a comment.:

Post a Comment