Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Yesterday, I finally caved to the denial that I've been in about my slowly deteriorating eyesight. After going through several bottles of Excedrin Migraine and Aleve over the last few months due to frequent headaches, I headed over to Lenscrafters for some relief.

I always knew I was slightly near-sighted, but there had to be a reason for the overall fuzziness in EVERYTHING.. especially when using the computer or watching TV. Ugh. The answer? A pretty bad astigmatism in both eyes. Aha! My distance vision is actually only about 20/40.

So, after we spent almost 2 hours picking out frames (shut up, it's an important decision) I settled on a pair of dark Versace frames for the normal glasses and a pair of Ann Klein sunglasses. I splurged a little bit, since Matt had to use his Flex-Spending dollars by the end of this month anyway.. so why not?

Holy wow! I didn't know the world WAS this sharp! Taking my glasses on and off is like looking at two different worlds.. one that is in focus for the most part, but overall fuzzed over.. and one that is tack sharp to being able to see every detail in every blade of grass. It was so trippy!

So now, my outward appearance reflects the inner nerd that has existed all along. The transformation is complete.

0 comments. Leave a comment.:

Post a Comment