Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter weekend, Matt and I went to the mountains to mentally prepare for the "official" start to wedding season. I'll break this post up into several over the next day or so to make it easier to swallow.




Even when we're getting away, we still love to cook! Matt made strawberry crepes for us on Saturday morning.


A little outlet shopping took up part of the afternoon. This is me with my guilty pleasure purchase.


Lunch/dinner was at the Apple Barn, our favorite non-tourist-trap place in the Smokies!


Looking toward the farmhouse restaurant.


Looking back toward the barn and other shops. This was after we replenished our stock of their fabulous Apple Strawberry and Apple Blush wines!


By coincidence, we were seated at the same table we had when we first came here for a date, nearly 8 years ago. D'aww.


Wondering if calories REALLY count during a weekend away.

If you want to learn more about the Apple Barn, take a peek at their website. If you're local and have never been there, then shame on you! I demand that you make a special trip over to Sevierville this weekend. Just make sure you don't confuse the cider bar with the actual restaurant. That's a common mistake, I hear. Not that we ever did that. Nope.

1 comments. Leave a comment.:

diane said...

I just decided to check in... and distract myself from an IRS obligation at work. :) Loved the photos. Looks like a beautiful time of year and quality down-time. So, take a deep breath. You'll be busy for a while, but you'll be fine. You two are great together. diane aka mom

Post a Comment